With a career spanning more than 10 years, Jake started out as a boiler maker apprentice. Once qualified, he gained several years experience as a boiler maker at Crib Point Engineering where he focused on GMAW of mild steel and super duplex, GTAW of aluminium, stainless steel and super duplex, working to AS 1554. He then moved into a role at Lepol Metal Work, where he worked to class one quality standards AS 4041 for mild steel pipe, and gained experience in customer service, coordinating projects and developing welding procedures.
In 2020, Jake moved into a Welding Supervisor and Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) role at Ultratest, where he supervised welders and performed inspections to uphold operational and quality standards in line with both client requirements and Australian Standards. He developed and published over 150 welding procedures according to Standards such as AS1554.1, AS1554.2, AS1554.3, AS1554.5, AS1554.6 and AS3992 for welding processes as GMAW, GTAW, MMAW, FCAW and SAW.
Jake joined the Weld Australia team in 2022 as a Welding Specialist, bringing with him a unique combination of practical welding experience, and welding supervision and inspection expertise.
An IIW International Welding Specialist (IWS), Jake holds certificates in both AS 2214 and AS 1796, as well as a Certificate III in Engineering.
- IIW International Welding Specialist (IWS)
- Certificate III: Engineering – Fabrication Trade
- ISO 9712 – Certificate (UT/1/G – Ultrasonics Level 1 and MT/2/M – Magnetic Particle Level 2)
- AS 1796 – Certification of Welders & Welding Supervisors |Certificate 10
- AS 2214 – Certificate of Welding Supervisors – Structural Steel Welding
- CPCCWHS1001 White Card
- RIIWHS202D – Enter & Work in Confined Spaces
- MSMWHS217 – Gas Test Atmospheres
- TLILIC0003 – Licence to Perform High Risk Work (Forklift)