Weld Australia offers a broad range of engineering services related to the welding industry. Our consulting services can help you substantially increase the operational life of your plant and equipment, and reduce your maintenance and repair overheads.
Each member of the Weld Australia engineering team is an International Welding Engineer (IWE). This qualification, issued by the International Institute of Welding (IIW), is the highest post graduate professional welding qualification.
All our IWEs have advanced knowledge and critical understanding of welding technology and are able to:
- Demonstrate mastery and innovation in materials and welding technology
- Solve complex and unpredictable welding engineering problems
- Manage projects related to a wide range of welding applications
- Manage welding co-ordination activities
OUR ENGINEERING SERVICES
Development of Welding Procedures
We can assist welding businesses to develop welding procedures for specific projects, and assure that these are safe, effective and efficient.
Our team of IWEs can undertake important inspections for quality control and safety, including visual inspections, destructive and non-destructive testing.
Our IWEs offer expert consultation services in a range of specialised areas of welding engineering, and can be engaged on a short- or long-term basis.
Automation and Robotics
Maximise efficiency with automation that improves weld quality, consistency and repeatability. We can help you integrate automation into your workshop.
Weld Australia’s highly qualified welding engineers and materials specialists provide expert advisory services on all welding and materials related matters. Weld Australia’s team has been asked to provide expert input on:
- Design and qualification of welded connections
- Review of structural and pressure vessel designs
- Drafting and review of design specifications
- Evaluation of materials and facilities
- Analysis and resolution of complex welding problems
- Design, development and project management of fabrication solutions
- Optimisation of maintenance for risk mitigation
- Comprehensive failure investigations and engineering critical assessments
- Advising of safety practices as they pertain to welding, cutting and joining
- Expert evidence and witnessing services
- Comprehensive failure investigations
- Inspection and testing services
- Welding quality management to ISO 3834
- Pipeline in-service welding, repairs and hot tapping
- Specialised welding and associated technologies (laser, ultrasonic peening, underwater welding)
- R&D and application of technology