Ashkan is a highly accomplished materials engineer with a strong academic background and extensive experience in the field. Currently pursuing a PhD in Structure and Dynamics of Materials at the University of New South Wales (UNSW), he demonstrates a passion for research and advancement in the materials engineering domain.
His PhD is focused on magnetic materials as tracers for Magnetic Particle Imaging (MPI) application, design and synthesis of metal-doped iron oxide nanoparticle materials as tracers for MPI application, and materials characterisation and processing of metal-doped iron oxide nanoparticle materials for MPI application.
Ashkan joined in the Weld Australia in 2022, where he is responsible for developing Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS) and Qualifications (PQR). He also undertakes quality engineering, supervision of welding activities and client auditing in accordance with Australian and international Standards.
Prior to joining Weld Australia, Ashkan played a crucial role in quality control and assurance in the oil and gas industries in Iran. As a materials and welding engineer, Ashkan undertook materials testing, quality engineering, and inspection. His responsibilities included peer-reviewing materials test reports, developing Welding Procedure Qualification Records (WPQR) and Specifications (WPS), and coordinating repair welding for critical components.
- PhD Student – Structure and Dynamics of Materials
- Master of Science (Materials Engineering)
- Bachelor of Science (Metallurgical Engineering)
- Certified International Welding Engineer (CIWE)
- ASNT Level I & II certification in Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT)
- ASNT Level I & II certification in Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
- ASNT Level I & II certification in Ultrasonic Testing (UT)