State – New South Wales
Keeping People in Jobs and Helping Businesses Stay Afloat
Key elements of the NSW COVID-19 stage two package include:
- The creation of a $1 billion Working for NSW fund to sustain business, create new jobs and retrain employees. The fund is already being put in to action with 1,000 new staff for Service NSW announced recently, which will be funded by the program.
- Deferral of payroll tax for business with payrolls over $10 million for six months (up to $4 billion deferred). Businesses with payrolls of $10 million or less received a three-month waiver on payroll tax in the first package. These businesses will now get an additional three month deferral as well
- Deferral of the parking space levy for six months
- Deferral of rents for six months for commercial tenants with less than 20 employees in all Government-owned properties.
$10,000 Grants for NSW Small Businesses Battling COVID-19
The NSW Government will put $750 million into the Small Business New South Wales Division News Support Fund as the centrepiece of a third wave of support measures to keep small businesses afloat. To be eligible, businesses will need to:
- Have between 1-19 employees and a turnover of more than $75,000
- A payroll below the NSW Government 2019-20 payroll tax threshold of $900,000
- Have an Australian Business Number as at 1 March 2020, be based in NSW and employ staff as at 1 March 2020
- Be highly impacted by the Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order 2020 issued on 30 March 2020
- Use the funding for unavoidable business costs such as utilities, overheads, legal costs and financial advice
- Provide appropriate documentation upon application.
- Applications will be available through Service NSW within a fortnight and remain open until 1 June 2020
NSW Government Business Concierge Service
A Business Concierge can help you if your business has been impacted by the NSW bushfires and/or COVID-19 (coronavirus). A concierge can:
- Help you with regulation requirements
- Identify licenses and permits your business needs
- Deal with Councils and agencies
- Connect you to support and advice
To access the service, call 13 77 88, Monday to Friday between 7:00am and 7:00pm or visit service.nsw.gov.au
NSW State Government Website